Welcome...



...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain....

- soliloquy from Blade Runner


Bits and bytes do get lost, awash in the rain of data flow that is Internet. They slip away from us, never to found again... some of them will be captured here, many more will not... like tears in rain...



Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sql Server user and login problem

 I run into the issue of having user and login disconnect in my local database. What happened was that I restored database from testing server, and that disconnected user and login. They both existed in database, but user was of type SQL Server user WITHOUT Login, even if that login right there.
 After lots of searching, solution that works was - DROP THE USER and Recreate User. That will give you chance to relink them (SID update) and it works. All other solutions just didn't work - I couldn't find any orphaned users, I couldn't do Alter user...
 Just recreate the user :)

No comments:

Post a Comment